Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fredo (I know it was you......)

Here is a thread I started a little while ago, which includes photos of a T6 Beach with the comfort dash, upgraded stereo (Nav), app connect and no USB in the centre:

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/anybody-received-a-beach-with-the-comfort-dash-yet.12767/

It gets discussed in there too.
Missed that thread as it appeared to be specifically about Beachs and I'm getting an Ocean. Teach me to look more carefully at posts. This thread for instance does not give much of a clue in the title that the majority of the discussion is about USB sockets! ;)

Spotlight kid
Been away for 6 days and not been following all the threads so sorry for late reply to your question. I have both the USB ports in my Ocean (central console pocket and left hand glove compartment). I ordered the navigation media plus system if that helps.

Missed that thread as it appeared to be specifically about Beachs and I'm getting an Ocean. Teach me to look more carefully at posts. This thread for instance does not give much of a clue in the title that the majority of the discussion is about USB sockets! ;)
It's often the way! The tangents in a thread are hard to find at a later date - that's the only reason I pointed out the other thread.
I regularly read something that I find interesting in the middle of a thread and can never find it again! I also regularly start a thread and get promptly told that a topic has already been covered on another thread and I should have looked harder :oops:. Oh well! ;)

Spotlight kid
Been away for 6 days and not been following all the threads so sorry for late reply to your question. I have both the USB ports in my Ocean (central console pocket and left hand glove compartment). I ordered the navigation media plus system if that helps.
The nav 'Plus' upgrade in the Ocean, which is a lot more expensive than the Nav upgrade in the Beach, comes with the option of the 2 USBs included. The Beach upgrade does not come with all the extras (USBs, voice enhancement, 8 speakers, etc).

The nav 'Plus' upgrade in the Ocean, which is a lot more expensive than the Nav upgrade in the Beach, comes with the option of the 2 USBs included. The Beach upgrade does not come with all the extras (USBs, voice enhancement, 8 speakers, etc).
...and the Ocean non-nav upgrade, app-connect comes with...:confused:

...and the Ocean non-nav upgrade, app-connect comes with...:confused:
Looks to me that if you have an Ocean and have opted for Discover Media or App Connect option you should get the two USBs. If you have a beach you don't but just might if you go for the comfort dash and the App Connect. But we are dealing with VW options here so ?

Mike

Looks to me that if you have an Ocean and have opted for Discover Media or App Connect option you should get the two USBs. If you have a beach you don't but just might if you go for the comfort dash and the App Connect. But we are dealing with VW options here so ?

Mike
Nav Plus in the Ocean comes with 2 USBs.
In the Beach, it's only if you specifically order two USBs, as per Archie's Beach:

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/anybody-received-a-beach-with-the-comfort-dash-yet.12767/

Suspect it's the same in Oceans without Nav.

I have just been informed by my dealer that I will be getting 2 USB connections on my new van. Apparently when App-Connect was added to the order, the configurator automatically asked to add either UI2 (2 USB ports per above) or UI4 (One USB port in the glovebox). There was no cost involved hence they added 2 ports to my order! :thumb

He also told me that my build date has been moved 2 weeks earlier to week 13!!! :)

I think I need to lie down now!:D

I have just been informed by my dealer that I will be getting 2 USB connections on my new van. Apparently when App-Connect was added to the order, the configurator automatically asked to add either UI2 (2 USB ports per above) or UI4 (One USB port in the glovebox). There was no cost involved hence they added 2 ports to my order! :thumb

He also told me that my build date has been moved 2 weeks earlier to week 13!!! :)

:thumbToo much excitement for one day eh!? ;)

I've ordered Comfort Dash, Discover Media and App Connect on a Beach and the dealer added "USB for Ipod" (U15) as an additional ÂŁ50 option. I'm hoping that this means I'll get 2 x USBs but will just have to wait and see.

Who'd have thought that part of the fund of ordering a new van would be not knowing what's going to arrive!

Outstanding! Great news all round!

Spotlight

Very pleased to hear you will get two USBs......

The joys of being on the VW merry-go-round........

I've ordered Comfort Dash, Discover Media and App Connect on a Beach and the dealer added "USB for Ipod" (U15) as an additional ÂŁ50 option. I'm hoping that this means I'll get 2 x USBs but will just have to wait and see.

Who'd have thought that part of the fund of ordering a new van would be not knowing what's going to arrive!
I'm not sure what my USB option code was but I've got a Beach with comfort dash, 6" screen and App connect and it didn't come with the USB in the storage box.

I'm not sure what my USB option code was but I've got a Beach with comfort dash, 6" screen and App connect and it didn't come with the USB in the storage box.
Beginning to think Beach's don't have USBs in the storage box whatever is specified. Comfort dash doesn't seem to be identical to Ocean dash (eg. Matt plastic around box and gear lever rather than gloss)

So that brochure is slightly more informative than the UK brochure!

I noticed that the storage net option is described as coming with an extra drawer under the rear seat: "
If a net pocket is ordered, an additional drawer is fitted on the left next to the rear bench seat instead of the standard through loading facility."

Has anyone ordered or seen this in real life? It would explain why the storage net costs so much.

So that brochure is slightly more informative than the UK brochure!

I noticed that the storage net option is described as coming with an extra drawer under the rear seat: "
If a net pocket is ordered, an additional drawer is fitted on the left next to the rear bench seat instead of the standard through loading facility."

Has anyone ordered or seen this in real life? It would explain why the storage net costs so much.
mccp,

I've gone for this too, for exactly the same reason. I'm not overly interested in the net-part to be honest.
Just for info, you can't order the 18" wheels & this at the same time. I originaly did, but am now sticking with the 17" standard ones, so that I can get the exta drawer.

Sorry I don't have a pic. It's just a narrow version of the big drawer under the seat, side-by-side.

Cheers
Tom

yes got the net and the small draw. Once i pick it up this afternoon Il post a picture.

Interesting document. Contains more detail than the UK brochure which was published a month later, though have to be careful as options in the UK differ to those offered in this document.
Very interesting as it gives a more comprehensive description of the Discover Media Plus which included item 9 the Comfort Mobile Phone Interface. I presume this is the compartment with the extra USB. If someone who has the Discover Media Plus could confirm please.

Mike