Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fredo (I know it was you......)

This is what it says on page 24

“Discover Media Plus” navigation system(not illustrated). In addition to the func- tions of the “Discover Media” navigation system with eight loudspeakers, the equipment also includes: DAB+ digital radio reception, voice control, Car-Net App-Connect, electronic voice amplifica- tion, Volkswagen Media Control, andthe “Comfort” mobile phone interface withthe MEDIA-IN interface.| BE | CO | OC |

And on page 25

09 “Comfort” mobile phone interface.2) The special compartment for your mobile phone has a wireless external aerial connection to optimise your mobile phone reception. Charging the phone is straightforward too: The telephone simply has to be connected to the USB port, which is also located in the compartment. | BE | CO | OC |

Mike

Last edited:
I think you just get a empty space instead of the draw.

Here's a similar pic without the extra draw and what it looks like from the back - giving extra long storage space.

IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

This is what it says on page 24

“Discover Media Plus” navigation system(not illustrated). In addition to the func- tions of the “Discover Media” navigation system with eight loudspeakers, the equipment also includes: DAB+ digital radio reception, voice control, Car-Net App-Connect, electronic voice amplifica- tion, Volkswagen Media Control, andthe “Comfort” mobile phone interface withthe MEDIA-IN interface.| BE | CO | OC |

And on page 25

09 “Comfort” mobile phone interface.2) The special compartment for your mobile phone has a wireless external aerial connection to optimise your mobile phone reception. Charging the phone is straightforward too: The telephone simply has to be connected to the USB port, which is also located in the compartment. | BE | CO | OC |

Mike

+ T6 CFO - Spot on - in Denmark the "Comfort mobile phone" interface has the order code 9ZE

I have the Ocean with Composition Media and App-connect, and i only have one USB socket in the upper glove compartment

Just contacted my dealer regarding this...U12 is an extra...£72 :shocked.

Well to add insult to injury, spoke with VW uk to confirm option U12 cost and received this answer from them.

"It would seem the Van Centre where you placed your order is not yet aware of a couple of Model Year changes (which is understandable,as these changes have only just taken effect on July 1st).

Basically,UI4 is now included as standard on all variants of the Transporter,including the California,where eitherDiscover Media Navigation system (PR Code ZI7) or Composition Media Radio with 6.33" touch screen (PR Code ZI6).

UI2 has been removed as an option on these media units".

It appears you can't have it even if you want it. Seems VW don't want you to connect your phone in there any more? Really miffed.

Well to add insult to injury, spoke with VW uk to confirm option U12 cost and received this answer from them.

"It would seem the Van Centre where you placed your order is not yet aware of a couple of Model Year changes (which is understandable,as these changes have only just taken effect on July 1st).

Basically,UI4 is now included as standard on all variants of the Transporter,including the California,where eitherDiscover Media Navigation system (PR Code ZI7) or Composition Media Radio with 6.33" touch screen (PR Code ZI6).

UI2 has been removed as an option on these media units".

It appears you can't have it even if you want it. Seems VW don't want you to connect your phone in there any more? Really miffed.

I added the UI2 to my order too and was expecting to get a second USB above he 12 V in the centre dash, it was an extra few £

Looks a great van , nice to see it on an Ayrshire road. I use this road every day going to and from work. Looking forward to seeing Fredo on my travels , great colour we had one like it on demo for a weekend , and the colour seemed to change every time we looked at it .good luck and happy times

Del Boy

Many thanks for the message. I use this road often, maybe see you sometime.

Cheers,