Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Northamptonshire Afternoon Meet - March 16th 2014

I've just spoken to Wickstead Park Bookings and they advise to hold any bookings until a couple of weeks prior to 16:03:14 and hopefully the weather will improve and the camping field will dry enough to allow campers on :cool

Joan and I would like to come along to pick the assembled brains about Cali life. If all goes to plan we shall have had our new van for 4 days. Are dogs welcome, we have a Jack Russell?

Phillip and Joan

Hi yes dogs are very welcome :thumb it will be good to see you and your new van :thumb

Visited wicksteed park today. The 16th march
Will be the first car boot of the year there will be plenty of space for us to park together
Park entrance fee will be £2 per vehicle
Not sure if the campsite will be open will know nearer
The time

Can't wait it will be good to use the Cali properly, when I spoke to them at Wickstead park they said the campsite was to soft for campers to use it. Any idea what it's like now?

Alasdair

I would say its still soft I will enquire in a week or so :thumb :thumb

Hi Folks,

I'll be popping down to wicksteed so if anyone would like to pre order any of our accessories and would like to save an additional 10% - just drop your order to this thread :thumb

Plus I'll be taking some bits a pieces for everyone to take a look at.

Cheers
Nick

I think you wanted to some measurements of the T4 Cali mattresses? All being well we will have our Westy there if you want to get the measurements you need.

dan

Cheers Dan :thumb

I'll be over with the tape measure in hand! - I'd quite like to do a roof cover for the T4 too.
Unfortunately there's nobody local to us :cry:

Cheers
Nick

Count us in kev, looking forward to it. Let's hope its a bright sunny day!! :goodone

I will check the week before to see if wicksteeds campsite will be open I have found this site open all year round about 15 miles from wicksteed. http://www.brookmeadow.co.uk

Stayed there a couple of years ago on the way to see the BTCC races at Rockingham. Seem to remember we got accosted by ducks, but that does happen to us a lot. OK site and the owners were pretty relaxed, think there weren't many toilets/showers for the size of the site but can't imagine that would be a problem at this time of year.

dan

Nice one I will add you to my list :thumb

Yes I'm afraid the wicksteed campsite will not be open I have found a site open all year round about 15 miles from wicksteed. http://www.brookmeadow.co.uk.
I will add you to my ever growing list :thumb

Shame about the Wicksteed campsite, but I'll be booking the other one.

It looks like I'm going to have a busy weekend at work so we are unlikely to make this now. I hope you all have a great time and the weather is as nice or better than last weekend!

For those of you staying at http://www.brookmeadow.co.uk/ you should try and get pitch number 13 - lucky for some - right next to the lake. It is a very nice little site. Keep an eye out for the Kingfishers!

Nick (comfortz) will I be able to pick up a calitopper on Sunday :?: also I am looking for some seat covers will you be able to show me a set and the colours you do
Thanks blue

Hi Blue,

Yes I'll have plenty of Cali-Toppers (which can be purchased on the day), some example seat covers, our new "2014 - compact" awning kit and some other bits and bobs for folks to have a look at :thumb

See you there!

Is anyone camping at Brook Meadow?

Thinking of going to Grafham Water on Saturday, so if no one else is camping there we'll find a camping spot closer to Grafham.

Also, is Grafham Water worth visiting? Just looking for somewhere not to far from Kettering to go for a wander for the day.

Cheers,
dan.

Sorry we didn't know about brook meadow. We have booked 2 nights at Billing Aquadrome just 11 miles South of Kettering.

See you all Sunday.

Chris and Liz :hello

Back