Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Average mpg

Toe in and toe out. The arms dont appear to have chamber and nowt in the Workshop manual
There is spec for toe in/out and camber in the workshop manual, all of which are to relevant PR code.

Toe in/out is adjusted by and eccentric washer on the inner mounting securing bolt, if camber is out the bushes are shagged or it’s had a bump (which can also apply to toe in/out), but in the age old way camber can be adjusted by dropping the arm out and elongating the outer mounting bracket holes...

It was at VW Hereford. There is no OEM camber adjustment on the rear wheels I was told.
I still have the paperwork of the work carried out, it was 12/11/18 cost
£ 78.60. Unless it can no longer be done on a T6? and that would be odd for VW to do?
At the time i spoke with the garage, but now it is a call Centre some where in Jordy land and from experience found not the same sort of 'friendly' service.
Pity you can't get hold of Les ( service manager) direct.
had done a lot of research about rear camber adjustment (T5) before i had this done!
If any help (as your in Bristol ) try these people,
Pool Garage
Llandevenny
Magor
Caldicot
Monmouthshire
South Wales
NP26 3DB
Pool Garage is located 2 minutes from J23a of the M4, near Magor, South Wales
Use to be called keith Watkins,read there website info.
Hope you have some luck,let me know!

I still have the workshop manual of my 1977 Fiat 128 ( had it from new)and did the rear camber and loads of other things, ( hope the bloody thing has been turned into bean cans)but when i had a Seat Toledo ,was told no camber adjustment on rear wheels!

I still have the paperwork of the work carried out, it was 12/11/18 cost
£ 78.60. Unless it can no longer be done on a T6? and that would be odd for VW to do?
At the time i spoke with the garage, but now it is a call Centre some where in Jordy land and from experience found not the same sort of 'friendly' service.
Pity you can't get hold of Les ( service manager) direct.
had done a lot of research about rear camber adjustment (T5) before i had this done!
If any help (as your in Bristol ) try these people,
Pool Garage
Llandevenny
Magor
Caldicot
Monmouthshire
South Wales
NP26 3DB
Pool Garage is located 2 minutes from J23a of the M4, near Magor, South Wales
Use to be called keith Watkins,read there website info.
Hope you have some luck,let me know!
It was Les who told me it’s not possible.

Was going off the average MPG, onto rear camber adjustments sorry. The MPG has been 'done to death' from posts of before.
We all drive different, we all look after our vehicles different.
Im on a steep hill, going down it is almost using Nowt then if i don't do a 4-5 mile warm up (that is average for diesels ) and go up the hill it can be as low as 22 MPG ! on a 2 1/2 mile run !
The best i ever had was when on a good run in Spain, it showed the impossible 70 something MPG for a lot of miles mainly down hill and on one occasion with engine warmed up going none stop down hill for 5 miles it reached 54MPG.
Another run from my house to my daughters in the Wirral via Newtown, Welshpool it reached a surprisingly 46 MPG compared with going our usual run via Hereford Shrewsbury with upto 42 MPG !
it was known that diesel engines getting better on performance and MPG after they have done 12000 miles ?

Following a change of tyres to Michelin cross climates all round I have seen a fairly significant improvement in long term average fuel economy, up from 28mpg to 32mpg.

View attachment 63074
After hanging around a city doing shirt journeys and having the heater on all the time, and idling to charge the batteries sometimes my petrol consumption is not looking so good now:

67345556-F721-4FD2-86B1-2E006B7DCCA8.jpeg

I think you'll find that the MFD fuel consumption doesn't include heater use (others may know differently)

I think you'll find that the MFD fuel consumption doesn't include heater use (others may know differently)
I thought that, but I read somewhere on the T6 forum that it is included. I’m not sure now.

There is no such thing as an average or normal consumption. What may be normal for one is abnormal for another. So many variables. Tyres, tyre pressure, weather, road surface, type of terrain, load in the van, how you drive, winter /summer fuel, roof bars, bikes sticking up above the roof line and probably others as well.
The only thing that is relevant is if the consumption starts to vary from YOUR normal which may indicate a problem somewhere. Consumption is what it is. Like it or not.

Any worse than that & I would be looking for where the hole in the tank was.

It really all comes down to many factors..How do you drive? Like a nutcase or like a vicar? Do you live in a hilly area? Do you do mainly short or always long journeys? All I know is that since having a remap it has improved my long distance mpg by 3-4 mpg. Not only that but constant gear changes are now a thing of the past.

It really all comes down to many factors..How do you drive? Like a nutcase or like a vicar? Do you live in a hilly area? Do you do mainly short or always long journeys? All I know is that since having a remap it has improved my long distance mpg by 3-4 mpg. Not only that but constant gear changes are now a thing of the past.
Was that a TVS DSG remap Peter?

After hanging around a city doing shirt journeys and having the heater on all the time, and idling to charge the batteries sometimes my petrol consumption is not looking so good now:

View attachment 70695
You forgot to mention you have a TSI. You’ll get some of the new owners worried.:thumb

Only tank full to Tank full will include the fuel used to run the heater.
The MFD uses Milage and information from the Fuel Injectors , time & pressure, to calculate fuel consumption. Unless it’s different on the TSI.

You forgot to mention you have a TSI. You’ll get some of the new owners worried.:thumb

Only tank full to Tank full will include the fuel used to run the heater.
The MFD uses Milage and information from the Fuel Injectors , time & pressure, to calculate fuel consumption. Unless it’s different on the TSI.
If Tank contents aren't used in calculation how would it know that the tank has been refilled, partly or otherwise? With or without switching engine off.

If Tank contents aren't used in calculation how would it know that the tank has been refilled, partly or otherwise? With or without switching engine off.
Why would the computer need to know if the tank has been filled or part filled to calculate fuel consumption?
The fill level or volume of fuel in the tank is a very imprecise measurement and is only used in the “Range” calculation which is not that accurate.

I’ve run the heater for 5 days continuously, the fuel gauge moved but the MFD mpg was as expected when I drove off.

Not just the range; I think the T6.1 tells you the avg MPG since last re-fuelled. Not sure I need to know that but hey ho......

Back