Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Who's ordered a T6?!

OH right, didn't pick up on that. I for one am very happy to say I'm a clueless Cali Newbie who has already been helped by T5ers and whenever I actually get my T6 I'm sure questions to you experienced people will flow.
:thumb Whereabouts in Lancs are you?

Why are some t5 Cali owners taking so much pleasure in anything potentially negative about the t6. It feels like many people are willing things to be delayed or go wrong. Don't get it. :confused:

I agree with you. A bit of negativity has crept in.

Despite my current trifling disappointment with a small aspect of the overall package the VW California is quite the very best camper on the market for it's all round ability. It's evolved over many years and the T6 is simply an updated benchmark in that history of evolution.

I have personally, through my own clumsiness, a willingness to go where no camper should be expected to go and an insatiable desire to explore those parts that other campers cannot reach have tested the California to near destruction on at least two occasions. It rises to the challenge magnificently and I look forward with great anticipation to playing with a T6, a T7, a T8 and ...

We all share the same vehicle whatever it's stage of evolution so let's all enjoy our experiences together.

We all share the same vehicle whatever it's stage of evolution so let's all enjoy our experiences together.
Well said as usual Granny Jen. Love the way you're so positive and encouraging! (Just the way a Granny should be!!!)

Why are some t5 Cali owners taking so much pleasure in anything potentially negative about the t6. It feels like many people are willing things to be delayed or go wrong. Don't get it. :confused:

I'm not beeing negative on T6 , it is an refurbiched T5 remember....as most of us own a T5 and lots of those T5 owners will probally be buying a T6 in a few years.
It just booring to see all of those new members asking here on how long they have to wait on a T6 Cali!
No one knows ....there is no T6 California.....yet....
Ask Vw !
So if you want to experience the Cali feeling in the near future you gonna have to do with a T5.

As said before i woud not be giving my savings on a T5 for the moment beeing nearly a "old " model and certainly wil not order a T6 the first year in production.

We are of in our 2012 T5 this evening for two weeks France....:D
By the time getting back there probally be ten or more new registated persons asking questions on T6 Cali delivery times we can't answer here...

Some of us know more on Cali's than some VW dealers .....but on T6 seems nobody knows:Nailbiting

Ok , we got a winner....!
So when will someone start the topic: " how long are you already waiting on your orderd T6" ?
Thats gonna be a hit...!

Good morning, I would have been happy to order a T5 new or second hand a the right price but could not find one to my spec. I got a great deal on a T6, I have asked many questions on here of California owners to try and ensure I don't miss anything I haven't thought of. Great forum and great help. No rush in receiving my vehicle but hopefully before next summer. I have ordered now to give me the best chance of delivery asap. Didn't want to wait till next year to order and then wait 6 to 8 months. Best Wishes Paul

Good morning, I would have been happy to order a T5 new or second hand a the right price but could not find one to my spec. I got a great deal on a T6, I have asked many questions on here of California owners to try and ensure I don't miss anything I haven't thought of. Great forum and great help. No rush in receiving my vehicle but hopefully before next summer. I have ordered now to give me the best chance of delivery asap. Didn't want to wait till next year to order and then wait 6 to 8 months. Best Wishes Paul

Nice to hear you took the plunge ,
as said all knowing the T6 is coming and there's gonna be a gap on ordering from factory , and T5 will run out eventualy at VW....there wil only be 2nd hand availeble for a while.
If you can wait , i think the best is indeed wait on a T6
I waited almost 20 years before buying my 2012 T5 SE as a wanted one since my early 20's but could not affort one , wish i took the plunge earlyer....
;)

Don't worry, there's a drag race going to be set up on the Top Gear race track to decide who's dad is the hardest... T5 vs T6

;)

You've hit the nail on the head. I was trying to do the same. Dealers trying to make you take what they have left over & still pay for options already loaded on them that weren't wanted.

My Ocean order is in too. happy to wait. I know we will get many years of enjoyment out of it as our 3 year old & 6 month old girls grow up with the Cali life.

I would have been happy to order a T5 new or second hand a the right price
I would also have been happy with a T5, but they are selling at the same price or more than a new T6 here!

Is there much point in ordering at the moment to have to commit to a purchase you won't receive for at least 8 months. Maybe better to wait and order next year when early teething problems might be resolved and a better discount is on offer.
Well, my collegue ordered his T5 in December last year and only received it in May this year, so the waiting time for an ordered vehicle doesn't seem to have changed that much!
For me I had no choice and I could not wait as I got more than 15% discount by ordering now. The exchange rate is extremely low at the moment making all my Euro purchases cheaper and it looks like it's going back up!

As for teething problems, a few members have pointed out it's not a completely new vehicle and the majority of the parts are the same as the T5. So if there are teething problems, they should be very similar or the same as the T5. The only really new parts are the engines, but these are already being delivered in the T6 panel and multivans and so will have almost a year of experience by the time we get ours.

Of course I could be completely wrong because it's Monday morning and I have only had 1 cup of coffee :D

I would also have been happy with a T5, but they are selling at the same price or more than a new T6 here!

Well, my collegue ordered his T5 in December last year and only received it in May this year, so the waiting time for an ordered vehicle doesn't seem to have changed that much!
For me I had no choice and I could not wait as I got more than 15% discount by ordering now. The exchange rate is extremely low at the moment making all my Euro purchases cheaper and it looks like it's going back up!

As for teething problems, a few members have pointed out it's not a completely new vehicle and the majority of the parts are the same as the T5. So if there are teething problems, they should be very similar or the same as the T5. The only really new parts are the engines, but these are already being delivered in the T6 panel and multivans and so will have almost a year of experience by the time we get ours.

Of course I could be completely wrong because it's Monday morning and I have only had 1 cup of coffee :D
Good points, it is a tricky period at the moment and it is down to value for money. No point in buying a new or demo T5 unless there is a very good offer on the table otherwise it is an unknown wait for a new T6. This does leave plenty of time to plan future trips and buy lots of goodies for the van.

My experience is the same exactly.

Too many dealers holding out for near retail and forcing prices up for demo stock and insisting the options I don't want are adding lots of residual value.

I think overall they are chancing their arm on the market conditions given the new T6. Best time to buy will be December at this rate.

Funny thing is I've been offered 5% on a new T6 beach & much less on a T5 which is in stock.

Funny thing is I've been offered 5% on a new T6 beach & much less on a T5 which is in stock.
Dealers must be holding out for high prices on available T5's knowing full well there will be a long wait for T6 and not many new Cali's available. They obviously don't mind taking lots of deposits off people.

I too have taken the plunge and ordered a van. When we decided we wanted to buy a California I then found out there was a new model coming out. Frankly it's not that much different to my mates T5 which I would have happily bought. We got a good deal on a T6 and as long as it arrives before next May I'll be happy. There's been so much good advice on this forum that I went VIP to support the site. Thanks to everyone who has given advice. Best Wishes too!

I could only get 5% discount and I tried a variety of discounts, who are these people that are getting 8% and 9% ?

I could only get 5% discount and I tried a variety of discounts, who are these people that are getting 8% and 9% ?

I asked for 6% and got it. Dealers in the South east were who I asked. One offered 7 but I'd already made a deal in Bury St Edmunds which worked out at 6.7%

Share your T6 order!

Ours:

Ocean 204PS DSG
Mojave Beige
Alcantara
Discovery media plus
Bluetooth with LAN
Premium colour display
Lockable storage
Storage net
Headlamp washers
Cruise control
Sensors with rear camera
Servotronic power steering
Leather multi function steering wheel
Lights and vision package
Removable towbar
Shower connection
Black awning
Privacy glass
Charcoal canister
Heated front screen

Looking to get a security bollard for our driveway!!

Hi all, we are going to place a order for a t6 dsg also with lots of extras, can anybody tell me if the upholstery as changed?

George

Your only talking about £1.5k/£2k, if you want one buy it!

Great site, Great info and Great support from like mined people... Joining as a VIP member has saved me alot of money already by giving me a lead on the discounts available.. highly recommended..

Duncan try VW Dealers in Yorkshire

Back