Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Who's ordered a T6?!

German public will see the first California come out of factory next week, build time is now 24-32 weeks !!

I just called a Munich VW dealer to get some information on radios that I can't get in the Canary Islands and they told me they are anticipating a 4 month wait for purchase in Munich of a Beach 150hp, 4motion DSG.

Sounds optimistic to me!

There was a suggestion earlier on the forum that the VW dealer network were being encouraged / forced to quickly clear the decks of their existing new T5 Cali's. I note that VW Campersales has just added 3 x September 15 reg Cali's each with 80 miles on the clock. I wonder if the events are connected?

They definitely are connected, the T5s they have are all being held around the back in storage until the T5's have gone (Transporters that is) and the first T6 Cali's are under wraps in a southern UK port.

Well just ordered a 204 DSG 4 motion Ocean in indium Grey. The wait now begins.

Well just ordered a 204 DSG 4 motion Ocean in indium Grey. The wait now begins.
Good man! That will in all likelyhood be the one that I go for and probably in that colour. What options have you gone for?

I ordered an Ocean 204DSG in August. Was told this week that the order won't be confirmed until December by the factory and then c. 16 weeks until delivery...in March....if I'm lucky.

Good job it's not an impulse purchase!

I enquired this week and was told that I would be lucky to get delivery of a new T6 before the launch of the T7! :shocked

Good man! That will in all likelyhood be the one that I go for and probably in that colour. What options have you gone for?

204 DSG 4Motion
Indium Grey
Alcantara
Satnav media plus
Premium multi function display
Lockable box
net
sleeping mat
cruse with sidescan
front and rear with camera
front assist
high beam
leather steering wheel
light &vision
17"chassis and brakes
antiroll bars
removable tow bar
complete de-badge
silver awning
charcoal canister
4 keys ( cheaper than a replacement at over £100 each)
Laminated glass in cab (went for privacy glass but dealer said mow included in laminated glass)
Chrome side bars

Was going for uprated bat and alt but again dealer said not allowed now on my spec. I hummed and hared over heated windscreen but decided against it, had it before but did not miss it on last car. Xeons just not worth it for £1400 extra.

Dealer said that the dealer fit options are trickling out now as some are a carryover from the T5, like lowering springs and side bars, so got the side bars on and might get the springs.

Everything had -7% taken off, was happy with that, could I have got a bit more ? maybe but 7% was a good deal.

Their system had a few differences on the latest price list, but they matched any that they had wrong and took of the discount.

204 DSG 4Motion
Indium Grey
Alcantara
Satnav media plus
Premium multi function display
Lockable box
net
sleeping mat
cruse with sidescan
front and rear with camera
front assist
high beam
leather steering wheel
light &vision
17"chassis and brakes
antiroll bars
removable tow bar
complete de-badge
silver awning
charcoal canister
4 keys ( cheaper than a replacement at over £100 each)
Laminated glass in cab (went for privacy glass but dealer said mow included in laminated glass)
Chrome side bars

Was going for uprated bat and alt but again dealer said not allowed now on my spec. I hummed and hared over heated windscreen but decided against it, had it before but did not miss it on last car. Xeons just not worth it for £1400 extra.

Dealer said that the dealer fit options are trickling out now as some are a carryover from the T5, like lowering springs and side bars, so got the side bars on and might get the springs.

Everything had -7% taken off, was happy with that, could I have got a bit more ? maybe but 7% was a good deal.

Their system had a few differences on the latest price list, but they matched any that they had wrong and took of the discount.
Thanks Chris for the info and well done I like your spec! Have not made up my mind on the driver aids but you have gone for the two I would favour. I shall also probably go for the VW bike rack instead of the tow bar option but that is a very personal choice. I will be using it for 2 lightweight carbon bikes and I also have issues with storing the tow bar rack when not in use. Enjoy

Thanks Chris for the info and well done I like your spec! Have not made up my mind on the driver aids but you have gone for the two I would favour. I shall also probably go for the VW bike rack instead of the tow bar option but that is a very personal choice. I will be using it for 2 lightweight carbon bikes and I also have issues with storing the tow bar rack when not in use. Enjoy
LOL just spotted one thing on my list not on yours. Mud flaps! Got factory fitted ones on my Touran and will probably go for them on Cali. Any reason why not?

Did not like the look of them. Well on the T5 we seen.

A great choice. We have been deliberating over 2WD or 4WD, but think ill opt for 4WD. Did your dealer give any indication on delivery date? Also do you know whether the storage net option automatically includes an additional drawer under the seat? I like the idea of the net but the drawer may cause a problem for fitting our child's buggy in. Thnanks

No indication, but they have a demo one that due in in 12 weeks time. From what ive read the net comes with the additional draw.

I ordered an Ocean 204DSG in August. Was told this week that the order won't be confirmed until December by the factory and then c. 16 weeks until delivery...in March....if I'm lucky.

Good job it's not an impulse purchase!

Update today from VW customer service re: my order...

"The reason for the order not been confirmed as yet is that 2 options on the vehicle are delayed at Factory level. Usually when a vehicle is accepted by the Factory it then takes 10 weeks to have a build week confirmed then 6 weeks for production and delivery. Due to the heated windscreen and the alloys options been delayed this has caused the lead time from acceptance to a build week conformation to be 17 weeks, followed by 6 weeks for production and delivery. This will mean that your order will get a date of build confirmed in December and we would be looking at January/February for delivery."

So delay cause by the standard Ocean alloys and the heated screen. Probably not UK specific items so is the whole of Europe experiencing delayed orders?

Our order is fairly basic by comparison...

150ps Beach (Manual)
Black awning
Front fogs
Heated screen (we had to have "Lights and Vision" with this)
3 seat bench with 2 extra 2nd row seats. (We wanted 7 seats so it could be a family taxi too)
Parking heater with remote (This sounded fun in the winter)
And a tow bar!

The kids are so excited and can't wait until March. (Neither can I really :D)

Anyone cancelled or rethinking there purchase in light of recent events? I have maintained my order thus far but will watch how events unfold. If there was a petrol alternative TSI available to UK market I would opt for that even at a loss of MPG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone cancelled or rethinking there purchase in light of recent events? I have maintained my order thus far but will watch how events unfold. If there was a petrol alternative TSI available to UK market I would opt for that even at a loss of MPG.
I was in the wait for full spec and have a test drive camp anyway. This debacle obviously hasn't speeded things up. It is difficult to say what I would actually do if I had one order as it is hypothetical, however, I think I would cancel as I am not happy with uncertainty. Everyone will have to make up their own minds depending on their own circumstances. Like many, not a happy bunny. Still going to to the camper show at NEC. Still want a camper and would prefer it to be a Cali. Hope future revelations do not stop me!

Not sure what happened there but here is my reply.....

I was in the wait for full spec and have a test drive camp anyway. This debacle obviously hasn't speeded things up. It is difficult to say what I would actually do if I had one order as it is hypothetical, however, I think I would cancel as I am not happy with uncertainty. Everyone will have to make up their own minds depending on their own circumstances. Like many, not a happy bunny. Still going to to the camper show at NEC. Still want a camper and would prefer it to be a Cali. Hope future revelations do not stop me!

Been to dealers today. Two salesmen couldn't answer the following questions.

If a new T6 Ocean comes with 17" wheels will it automatically come with 17" chassis and brake system or do you have to specify this as an option.....and if you have the 16" spec. does it matter???

Been to dealers today. Two salesmen couldn't answer the following questions.

If a new T6 Ocean comes with 17" wheels will it automatically come with 17" chassis and brake system or do you have to specify this as an option.....and if you have the 16" spec. does it matter???

I added the 17" brakes to my 204 DSG order. If they end up being standard i'll make the dealer take it off my quote when the order is confirmed by the factory. I think i already need them to take off the privacy glass option as i have ordered the laminate glass pack & recently saw on a thread Privacy is bundled in that pack.

If a new T6 Ocean comes with 17" wheels will it automatically come with 17" chassis and brake system or do you have to specify this as an option
Well the price list from the VW website does say that the Ocean comes with 16-inch chassis with 16-inch brake system as standard and the 17" set is listed as an option, so I think that is pretty clear.

Whether it matters is a different question. You'll get better braking with the 17" set I assume, and that may make a big difference when fully laden or towing.

I added the 17" brakes to my 204 DSG order. If they end up being standard i'll make the dealer take it off my quote when the order is confirmed by the factory. I think i already need them to take off the privacy glass option as i have ordered the laminate glass pack & recently saw on a thread Privacy is bundled in that pack.
I had the understanding that once the order has been accepted by the factory you can't change anything, and if you do, it puts you at the back of the queue again! :shocked

Back