Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Who's ordered a T6?!

Hi Dale hope mine is on same boat... conformation from V W customer service today mine is built... dealer should see it mid to end of Nov ?????

Excited for you.
It will be good to hear your feedback on the 150PS engine & ACC. Your spec is similar to the one we will use when we order. The main difference is we will have DSG.
Sadly had to delay order for now. Personal reasons .
It's good to still dream & follow Cali adventures.

Excited for you.
It will be good to hear your feedback on the 150PS engine & ACC. Your spec is similar to the one we will use when we order. The main difference is we will have DSG.
Sadly had to delay order for now. Personal reasons .
It's good to still dream & follow Cali adventures.

Hi Calimera Its our 1st Cali so all new adventures, I cycle alot so I aim to take my bike far and wide. As for DSG I did think long and hard about this and read many positive posts about it........ I have had manual Discovery's for the last 18 years so decided to stay with manual .... Had to draw the line somewhere LOL So So looking forward to wild camping and waking up to some fantastic views. Hope things turn out good for you.... Paul

T6 specification
Still uncertain about what options to order,any feedback welcome.

The online brochure says that Bluetooth hands-free set is standard equipment.
But the dealer specification has come back saying that I need the Bluetooth with coupling box (comp with DMPNP), at £245. Is this something to do with having the discovery Media package and navigation Plus.
Why do I need it, and what does it do?

Heated front windscreen.
At first I thought this would be a good idea to help with the heavy condensation that you get on the inside of the screen some mornings, but I think you would still need to wipe it off with a cloth first before proceeding with the heated screen. Not worried about frost removal, just the removal of internal condensation. I think that the cloth and heater fan would be adequate,but don't want to miss a must have option,and regret it.
Then I saw the price £378, it better be a good reason to justify that price!

Servotronic speed sensitive power steering.
Someone told me it was a must have option, never noticed a problem with T5 steering, but again don't want to miss something that I may later regret.

T6 specification

But the dealer specification has come back saying that I need the Bluetooth with coupling box (comp with DMPNP), at £245. Is this something to do with having the discovery Media package and navigation Plus.

Heated front windscreen.
At first I thought this would be a good idea to help with the heavy condensation that you get on the inside of the screen some mornings, but I think you would still need to wipe it off with a cloth first before proceeding with the heated screen. Not worried about frost removal, just the removal of internal condensation. I think that the cloth and heater fan would be adequate,but don't want to miss a must have option,and regret it.

Someone told me it was a must have option, never noticed a problem with T5 steering, but again don't want to miss something that I may later regret.

Hi SusiBus,

The heated front windscreen is for shifting ice on the outside. It won't do too much for you with regards to internal condensation. My dad had this on his 1992 Sierra Sapphire Cosworth & its ice melting ability was fantastic. No more scrapers or de-icer on the front window. After about 30 - 40 seconds, you can use the wipers to clear any remaining ice off of the windscreen. It melts at the point of contact (the bond) between ice & the glass.

I could be wrong here, but I heard that Ford had the patent on this & that's why other manufacturers (outside the Ford group of cars) did not previously have access to it - until now.

For me, it's an absolute winner & one of the first things I specced on my van (that's yet to arrive.)

Hope this helps.

After 18 months of dreaming, saving, researching, planning, waiting and more waiting I've finally just got my build date of week 1! I went through DTD ( 8% discount), and I'll hold it back for the 16 plate in March. I'm thinking we'll have this van for 10yrs and bank many happy memories, although I'll be very interested to see the T7 changes in 2020. Here is our spec:

Ocean 150PS DSG
Starlight Blue
Extra seat in rear
17" Cascavel black alloys
Discover Media Navigation system plus
Bluetooth handsfree set with coupling box and WLAN
Multi-function display Premium with multi-colour display and Driver Alert System
Storage net
Bed extension with comfort sleeping mat
Adaptive Cruise Control (Max speed 99mph)
Front and rear parking sensors with rear-view camera
High Beam Assist
Bi-xenon headlamps with LED daytime running lights
Lights and vision package
Chrome pack
Magnetic flashlight
Towbar; removable/lockable
Shower (with built-in cupboard, type 6)
Awning (black)
Mud flaps front and rear
Privacy glass with heat insulation
Bike rack

After 18 months of dreaming, saving, researching, planning, waiting and more waiting I've finally just got my build date of week 1! I went through DTD ( 8% discount), and I'll hold it back for the 16 plate in March. I'm thinking we'll have this van for 10yrs and bank many happy memories, although I'll be very interested to see the T7 changes in 2020. Here is our spec:

Ocean 150PS DSG
Starlight Blue
Extra seat in rear
17" Cascavel black alloys
Discover Media Navigation system plus
Bluetooth handsfree set with coupling box and WLAN
Multi-function display Premium with multi-colour display and Driver Alert System
Storage net
Bed extension with comfort sleeping mat
Adaptive Cruise Control (Max speed 99mph)
Front and rear parking sensors with rear-view camera
High Beam Assist
Bi-xenon headlamps with LED daytime running lights
Lights and vision package
Chrome pack
Magnetic flashlight
Towbar; removable/lockable
Shower (with built-in cupboard, type 6)
Awning (black)
Mud flaps front and rear
Privacy glass with heat insulation
Bike rack

I was told that the Chrome pack was an option on the t 5 but not on the T6 what information have you got on it and how much have you been charged for it

I was told that the Chrome pack was an option on the t 5 but not on the T6 what information have you got on it and how much have you been charged for it

ZL6 Chrome pack £342

I asked the dealer to enquire in Germany via dealer support. It isn't cheap for what it is, but I really liked the look of the Multivan which seems to have it as standard.

[QUOTE="I went through DTD ( 8% discount)[/QUOTE]
Hi, who or what is DTD,

It is interesting, here in Germany you only can get H7 or full LED

Nice car

Ciao

Uwe

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Build date confirmed today as week 1, hope VW workers take it easy this Christmas, they have a very important job to do on their return to work.:)

They look like the Devonport wheels. Nice move. I've giot my number plates :)
Well spotted. Got them for £700 on eBay. Now just to sell the wheels and tyres that my van arrives with and hopefully get most of the outlay back.
I also had my dvla plates form through the other day. It's with the dealer ready and waiting.
When is your Cali arriving mike?

I
Well spotted. Got them for £700 on eBay. Now just to sell the wheels and tyres that my van arrives with and hopefully get most of the outlay back.
I also had my dvla plates form through the other day. It's with the dealer ready and waiting.
When is your Cali arriving mike?
Not yet ordered as I want to clarify a few options. My local VW dealer has two in stock now and I shall be spending a couple of hours with the dealer Friday. Believe it or not the colour is the biggest issue as want to see them. If it was a beech it would be yellow:)

I

Not yet ordered as I want to clarify a few options. My local VW dealer has two in stock now and I shall be spending a couple of hours with the dealer Friday. Believe it or not the colour is the biggest issue as want to see them. If it was a beech it would be yellow:)
I love the yellow. Not sure what I'd choose on an ocean. Maybe the aca blue? Wish they did more flat cheerful colours. What have you narrowed it down to?

Bail out colour is the silver. Need to see the grey on a vehicle and the Oryx white looks interesting and needs to be seen. Couple of dealers got them in the white but none yet in the grey. My dealer has the silver and a beech in red. On the whole I reckon fairly muted on an Ocean and a bit of flair on s beach. The blue is a late entry. I've got most of the techie bits sorted and will post when I order. Enjoy yours.

Bail out colour is the silver. Need to see the grey on a vehicle and the Oryx white looks interesting and needs to be seen. Couple of dealers got them in the white but none yet in the grey. My dealer has the silver and a beech in red. On the whole I reckon fairly muted on an Ocean and a bit of flair on s beach. The blue is a late entry. I've got most of the techie bits sorted and will post when I order. Enjoy yours.
Sounds like you're getting towards a decision anyway. I liked the look of the oryx White too. Probably right about the different models. Ocean is prob more of a serious car compared to the beach.
Have fun playing at the dealers anyway.

T6 specification

Heated front windscreen.

Hi SusiBus, dealer told me that the coupling box is for the wifi router. He is adamant that Bluetooth will work without it. But I haven't gone for the discovery media as I prefer to use iPhone for navigation and music etc. I have gone for App Connect to get Apple CarPlay.

I was also undecided about the heated screen. I've currently opted for the laminated glass pack which precludes the heated windscreen but an now dithering as I've discovered that the tint with the laminated pack is somewhat less than privacy - so might change that.

I've also not gone for speed sensitive steering. But hoping to test drive a T6 without this weekend to convince myself that it is unnecessary.

I'll let you know what I conclude.

Hi SusiBus, dealer told me that the coupling box is for the wifi router. He is adamant that Bluetooth will work without it. But I haven't gone for the discovery media as I prefer to use iPhone for navigation and music etc. I have gone for App Connect to get Apple CarPlay.

I was also undecided about the heated screen. I've currently opted for the laminated glass pack which precludes the heated windscreen but an now dithering as I've discovered that the tint with the laminated pack is somewhat less than privacy - so might change that.

I've also not gone for speed sensitive steering. But hoping to test drive a T6 without this weekend to convince myself that it is unnecessary.

I'll let you know what I conclude.

I've ordered the laminate glass pack & the separate privacy option. Should mean I've got the darker glass

I've ordered a T6, it's a panel van though not a new cali unfortunately!

Sent from my Galaxy S6

I've ordered the laminate glass pack & the separate privacy option. Should mean I've got the darker glass
I was told yesterday that the laminate includes privacy. This is driving me mad :mad::mad:

That's interesting. I was told that you cannot have buy the privacy option with laminated pack. Grrrr

I was told yesterday that the laminate includes privacy. This is driving me mad :mad::mad:
The 'Privacy' with laminate pack is 21.1% tint whilst the privacy option is 55% tint - according to VW Brand Support.

Back