Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Who's ordered a T6?!

I ordered the option of 17" chassis on Ocean and dealer removed it as said it was a mistake and shouldn't be on Ocean options. If anyone thinks this is wrong would be interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It most definitely is an option according to all the information that I have been given.

Ok thanks will revert and ask them to check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They might be saying it's standard so no need to specify it as an option. That basically is what Guy at Preston told me.

My official order went through a week or so ago for a 150hp, 4Motion DSG. The dealer claims he got me to the front of the California list for the Canary Islands with a confirmed production date of the 50th week. We will see when it is actually made ... and actually arrives ... Some time in January 2016?

I cancelled my T6 Ocean order. I feel that VW has treated the law, the environment, and its customers with contempt. The company's reputation arrived on foot and departed in an R8.
As I've only ever had a shortlist of one, I'm not about to look at a Ford or a Merc. I'm hoping that VW will do a brilliant job of putting things right and when they do I'll order my T6. In the meantime I'll enjoy my T5.

I cancelled my T6 Ocean order. I feel that VW has treated the law, the environment, and its customers with contempt. The company's reputation arrived on foot and departed in an R8.
As I've only ever had a shortlist of one, I'm not about to look at a Ford or a Merc. I'm hoping that VW will do a brilliant job of putting things right and when they do I'll order my T6. In the meantime I'll enjoy my T5.

Can I ask if you were offered any extra discount or a better deal not to cancel

I had the understanding that once the order has been accepted by the factory you can't change anything, and if you do, it puts you at the back of the queue again! :shocked
Not changing the order. Merely changing the price I pay the dealer.

Can I ask if you were offered any extra discount or a better deal not to cancel
No. I got the impression that they were in a bit of a state of shock and didn't know how to respond to the crisis. It will be interesting to see if anybody does get back to me as it's obvious that I want a T6 and have finalised the spec.

Some info for everyone that ordered a Cali T6...

I placed an order in Switzerland in July and was told that it would arrive sometime around Oct/Nov 2015..So here I was still waiting...when I finally had confirmation yesterday, not of the delivery date but only the build week, which is now the 25th January 2016.

Finger crossed, lets hope the Euro 6 diesel standards are not affected by the scandal or it may never reach the production lines... luckily still have the option of choosing the petrol!

Some info for everyone that ordered a Cali T6...

I placed an order in Switzerland in July and was told that it would arrive sometime around Oct/Nov 2015..So here I was still waiting...when I finally had confirmation yesterday, not of the delivery date but only the build week, which is now the 25th January 2016.

Finger crossed, lets hope the Euro 6 diesel standards are not affected by the scandal or it may never reach the production lines... luckily still have the option of choosing the petrol!
Shane they have said that EU6's are not affected

I placed an order in Switzerland in July and was told that it would arrive sometime around Oct/Nov 2015.

Funny, the first visit I made to a dealer here, at the end of July, said I should expect delivery Jan/Feb.

I ended up ordering in August and expect delivery in March!

I would say so. Where did you order from?

In the german configurator and pricelist the wheel/brake size is dependent on the engine size and or 4-motionm. I am sure we can assume it is the same from the UK market as well, ie 204HP gets 17" as standard, and 4-motion gets 17", lesser configurations get 16".

I was all set to get a Beach, but now that I clearly can see the Beach is more like a Caravelle than a Multivan I am not sure anymore. Clearly the instrument panel is different and I wonder if it is less insulated etc.
Multivan/Ocean:
$_57.JPG

Beach:
vw-t6-bus-2016-neu

Another one from the Multivan:
$_57.JPG

It seems the Beach lacks Glove compartment and has the silly mug holders close to the window like a transporter.

i would like to believe them ;)
I've decided not to stress about VW engines anymore. Life's too short. I'm just looking forward to (hopefully) getting the van by next spring and then giving my kids memories they'll never forget. Unless of course it doesn't arrive and then they'll remember Center Parcs!

Look at the gear stick on the beach photo? It looks so cheap. That's definitely come off a transporter!

Price difference between Beach and Coast i germany, similar spec where Ocean has Navigation and a more advanced heating system is 2350£.
Makes it a hard decision.

Hello all.

After wanting a VW camper for some time, I rented a T5 Cali for 9 days last year in December 2014.
This was a great birthday present to myself plus a chance to be sure that we could use it during
the colder months.
Glad I did it. Loved it. Here I am now.
I've done the deed & placed the order last week. Asked for a March 2016 delivery.
If you see a smug git driving this out of Glasgow towards Aberdeen in March, you'll know it's me...

This is the full spec:
T6 Ocean 204ps 4Motion DSG

Reflex Silver
Differential Lock (1Y4. Not in the brochure but this is the code if you want it.)
Front/Rear Heavy Duty Anti-Roll Bars
18" Springfield Alloys - not the shiny ones. Been told they are not suitable for 4Motion Cali's
Hill Descent Control
Front Assist inc Emergency City Braking
Front/Rear Parking Sensors + Reversing Camera
Bi-Xenon Lights
Heated Front Screen
Heated Rear Window + Wash Wipe
Lights & Vision Pack
Silver Awning/Housing
Composition Media with 6.33" screen
App Connect
Cruise Control + Multifunction Steering including Sidescan
Type 6 Cupboard (Shower)